- The bridge of Drapano, the Sinkholes, the Lighthouse of Saints Theodori, the monastery of Saint Andreas and the mountain Enos, at Argostoli.
- The monastery of the Virgin Themata at Agia Efimia.
- The Venetian castle and the wall as well as the church of Prophet Elias at Assos.
- The monastery of the Virgin Sissia, the church of Saint Marina and the villages Markopoulo, Mousata and Eliou at Vlahata.
- The castle Paleokastro, the house of Laskaratos, the monasteries of the Virgin Kehrionos, Virgin Koronatou, Saint Paraskevi, Kipouria and Tafiou and the region Kondogenada at Lixouri.
- The church of Saint Paraskevi at Lourdata.
- The monastery of the Virgin Atrou and the Cyclopean walls at Poros.
- The church of Saint Spiridonas, the Roman bath, the monastery of the Virgin Agrilia and the ancient town at Sami.
- The church of the Virgin, the villages Lakithra, Kourkoumelata and the Venetian fortress of Saint Georgios at Svoronata.
- The ruins of the Roman mansion, the ruins of the Doric sanctuary of Apollonas and the settlement old village at Skala.
- The ruins of the early Christian temple, the monastery of the Virgin Platitera, the church of Saint Gerasimos and the ancient stone baths at Fiskardo.
The Archaeological Museum, the Korgialenios Library and the collection of Byzantine icons at Argostoli. The municipal library of Lixouri has a collection of books of very old editions.
- The Koutavos lagoon and the cave of Saint Gerasimos at Argostoli.
- The famous Kounopetra and the cave Drakospilia at Lixouri.
- The Karavomylos fountain and the caves Zervati, Melissani, Drogarati, Aggalaki at Sami.
- The cave Sakos at Skala.
- The caves at Fiskardo.
SPORTS / RECREATION:
If you have a boat you will be able to visit all the coasts of Kefalonia or the neighboring island of Ithaca. You can anchor in the marina of Fiskardo, Sami, Argostoli, Agia Efimia, Lixouri and Poros.
In the island of Kefalonia you will find numerous traditional taverns, restaurants, cafeterias and bars for your entertainment.
- The theatrical festival on July the 15th, the celebration of the union of Ionian Islands with Greece on May the 21st, the cultural events during summer time.
- The festival of the Virgin on August the 15th at monastery Agrilia.
- The cultural events in summer at Poros.
- The festival of the Virgin on August the 23rd at Sami.
- The festival of Saint Gerasimos on August the 16th and on October the 20, the carnival, the Shrove Monday, the Celebration of May the 1st and the athletic happenings during the summer time at Skala.
- The festival of the Virgin Lamia on September the 8th at Dilinata.
At the island of Kefalonia you can buy thyme honey, wine the famous ROBOLA, cheese products, must-cakes, cookies with aniseed and perfume from the pine trees of the Enos Mountain.
MAJOR TOWNS / CITIES / VILLAGES
- Argostoli is the capital of the island Kefalonia and it is an ideal resort for holidays. After the earthquake 1953, the town was rebuilt and now it has spacious squares and large municipal buildings that follow the traditional architectural order, creating a beautiful icon. Argostoli is one of the islands major ports.
- Lixouri is the second largest town of Kefalonia and it is built at a close distance to the site of the ancient town Palis. Nowadays, Lixouri is a modern town with new buildings, broad streets and commodious squares.
- Sami is the largest port of the island Kefalonia. The clean and broad roads, the beautiful waterfront and the elegant buildings in combination with the natural beauties, the interesting sinkholes and the archaeological sites, compose a very attractive icon and that is why Sami is a popular tourist resort.
- Fiskardo is a traditional settlement with intense tourist lifestyle. Built in the inside of a bay, Fiskardo is considered to be a town of superb natural beauty.
- Agia Efimia is coastal village that comprises of numerous other settlements such as Makriotika, Potamianata, Divarata, Drakopoulata and Feredinata. Due to the crystal clear beaches and the natural beauties, the village is becoming a popular tourist resort.
- Poros is another port and one of the most popular regions of the island Kefalonia. Situated at a very preferential site, the settlement of Poros is an attractive tourist center.